I received this from a friend whom I spent a wonderful semester in Spain with.
1. The mullet – made for men and women alike.
2. You know what a croqueta is.
3. You’ve eaten more fish and veal in one week than in your whole US life.
4. You have seen people in 50-degree weather in winter coats and scarves.
5. When you know how to the use the metro when the map is in Spanish.
6. It only took you an hour to get to Madrid from your house.
7. You have stolen Internet.
8. You watch a dog take a crap on the sidewalk and the owner doesn’t clean it up.
9. You have encountered numerous people haciando un pis in the streets.
10. You have encountered tiny children wandering the streets alone.
11. You know what a doner is.
12. You got drunk off wine.
13. You are a huge fan of the Menú del Día.
14. You stayed in the Madrid until 6am waiting for the Metro to reopen.
15. You’re life span has been shortened 5 years because of the second hand smoke.
16. You have seen a cigarette box that says “smoking can cause a slow and painful death”
17. You have learned that deodorant is obviously not necessary.
18. You have had a staring contest with a stranger in the streets.
19. You’ve watched Simpsons, multiple, multiple times.
20. You have trouble speaking both English and Spanish.
21. You’ve left the house to go out at 1am.
22. You have never been to a store between 2:30 and 5:30.
23. You have fought with the lock on the door and have only won half the time.
24. You have gorged on scrambled eggs at the hotels.
25. You’ve had bread everyday for every meal.
26. You have a lisp…
27. You know what joder means.
28. You can take showers in a 2 ft box called a shower.
29. You jump when you hear the words, vamos a comer
30. Your dinnertime is about 10:30.
31. You know what El Corte Inglés is, and where to find it.
32. Fútbol is amazing.
33. You root for Barcelona or Madrid…
34. You have seen porn on TV news.
35. You know what a turron is.
36. You know and love tortilla francesa.
37. You have seen buildings that are older than our country.
38. You know who Velázquez is, and how to say it.
39. You have seen pizza boys on Mopeds.
40. You’ve been surprised to see a “big” car.
41. Sidra, delicious sidra.
42. You have seen old people out at 2 am
43. You know the difference between tengo calor y estoy caliente.
44. You have been stopped in a plaza and asked if you speak English.
45. Vale, pues, venga.
46. You write on graph paper and not lined paper.
47. You have learned the true meaning of a cell phone bill.
48. Yelling is not yelling…it’s just excited chatter.
49. Personal space = 0 cm.
50. You know fichas are a rare commodity.
51. You know what a puente is, and LOVE it.
52. You know where to find cheap tickets for anything!
Surprisingly true. I don’t think I need to explain any more than that.